Many cosmetically significant deformities may be present at birth or acquired later on.
* Microtia /Anotia: Absent or very small ear nubbin
* Bat Ears (Prominent) Mickey mouse Ear: Childers’ Nightmare. Lot of pear pressure so that the young child may be forced to undergo knife.
* Small Ear/ Large Ear: If causing cosmetic issues, need surgery.
* Contracted Ear/ Cup Ear etc.: Specific deformities that may be significantly improved with surgery.
* Loss of Ear Lobule: By injury or repeated surgery, may need reconstruction
* Torn Ear Lobule: After putting on heavy earrings, may require repair
*Pixie Ear Deformity (Stuck Ear Lobule): Can improve significantly with surgery