The changing lifestyle in humans and the growing rate of pollution are increasing hair fall problems in the world. Most people face hair loss problem at some point in their lives. Hair Regrowth Treatments can help your hair fall and get the hair back.
What causes hair loss?
- Hereditary male – or female – pattern baldness is a genetic cause of hair loss. If your family has a history of baldness, then you can have his type of hair loss. Certain sex hormones generally trigger it.
- Chronic disease, trauma or surgeries can cause hair loss. However, in this type of cases, hair regrows without any treatment.
- Hormonal changes related to pregnancy, consuming contraceptive pills or menopause may cause hair loss.
- Certain medical treatments can cause hair loss. For example – chemotherapy for treating cancer, heart disease treatment, arthritis treatment, blood pressure treatment.
- Hair loss due to medical conditions includes:
- thyroid disease
- alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles)
- scalp infections like ringworm
- Hair loss can be triggered by some physical or emotional shock like sudden death in the family, high fever, etc.
- Lack of proper nutrients like proteins and vitamins in diet can cause hair loss.
- Medication is the first step to treat hair loss. It involves applying tropical gels and creams directly on your scalp. These products usually contain an ingredient called minoxidil (Rogaine). But this minoxidil has some side-effects. It causes scalp irritation, unwanted hair growth in adjacent areas of the scalp and increased heart rate.
- Doctors can prescribe oral medication, depend on the condition of the hair loss victim. It slows down hair loss but has certain side-effects such as reduced urge for sex and also other sexual impairment. Although according to doctors and medical researchers, these side-effects are very rare.
- Doctors also prescribe corticosteroids like prednisone. Alopecia areata, also known as spot baldness can cause permanent loss of hair. People with alopecia areata can use this to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system. Corticosteroids have the following side-effects:
- fluid retention and swelling in the lower legs
- higher blood pressure
- high blood sugar
- Hair transplant is done in case of severe baldness. Hair transplant surgery involves filling the bald part of your scalp with new skin having few strands of hair. People with heredity for hair loss mostly lose hair on the top of the scalp and hair transplant can solve this problem. Because that type of hair loss is progressive, you need to have more surgeries over time, depending on the condition.
- Scalp reduction is another procedure to cope up with hair loss. Here, the surgeon removes the scalp which lacks hair and covers it with the piece of the scalp that has hair. It is an expensive procedure, and many risk factors are involved in it.
- Patchy hair growth
Home-made solutions for better-looking hair
Home-made solutions are best to treat hair for good quality and texture. These remedies also reduce hair loss problems and inexpensive since they are mostly available at home.
- An avocado mask can be made by mashing a ripe avocado (pit removed) with one egg, then apply the paste to wet hair. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and rinse your hair thoroughly. Avocados contain high amounts of vitamins, essential fatty acids, and minerals that will enhance your hair luster.
- Rinsing your hair with tea keeps your hair smooth and shiny. It also enhances hair color. Make tea without milk or sugar and use it to rinse your hair after shampooing.
- Mix an egg with a little amount of shampoo and apply it to your hair. Eggs help to restore protein in your hair.
- You can apply olive oil for dry hair. Heat the olive oil and massage it well all over your scalp. Keep it for 40 to 45 minutes, then shampoo and rinse properly.
- You can message your hair using butter. Butter contains fat and hence can be used to have a shiny hair.
- Damaged hair can be repaired using an apple cider vinegar mask. The mask is a mixture of 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons olive oil and three egg whites. Apply it on your hair. Keep it for 30 minutes and shampoo.
Natural ways to remove unwanted body hair
There are no permanent ways to remove unwanted hairs, but the following natural solutions can be used which will help for a month or so.
- Raw papaya – Peel and chop the papaya into small pieces. Mash it and create a paste. Take turmeric root and smash it. Mix it with the mashed papaya. Apply it on your skin with unwanted hairs. Keep it for 20 minutes. After that rinse, your skin will. You may get a yellow hue on your skin because of the turmeric, but it goes away after a few days. Apply it regularly for few days, and then you do not need to think of waxing or shaving which is time-consuming.
- Sugar, lemon, and honey – Prepare a mixture with one tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Place the mixture in a metal bowl, and slowly heat it in an oven. The heat will dissolve the sugar and will create a thick, sticky paste (like wax).To prevent this stickiness, sprinkle a bit of cornstarch to the areas you want to wax. Using a wooden spoon, apply the paste on your skin for unwanted hair removal, in the direction of the hairs. Allow the paste to cool and harden, take a waxing cloth and peel off the mask. It is like regular waxing but far more effective and almost inexpensive.